The Bhagavad Gita is basically an elongated discussion that took place between Lord Krishna and Arjun just before the inception of the Mahabharata. The teachings and the life lessons given by Krishna subsequently helped Arjun’s perspective about everything that surrounded him. One can argue that Gita is several centuries old, yet the logic and knowledge in its every word is incomparable and hence, makes it a timeless guide even today. Not only people who follow Hinduism are inclined towards following the path suggested by Lord Krishna, several people from other religions also read this amazing book to get enlightened of the right way to lead life. Bhagwatgita is equally applicable to entire mankind. Understanding this book will surely help us get to know about a deep insight to the queries of life. Also, the teachings of this mighty book into our life will definitely encourage the habit of checking our actions and guide us regarding a pragmatic approach to life. Are you wondering what those principles are? If yes, then read this write-up to full and get to know about the same!
“Principles of Bhagavad Gita”
- Understand that change is the law of nature According to this, everything is bound to change! Everything from our feeling to perception is on the verge of getting changed. The only thing we lack is the right amount of inspiration and motivation that can be drawn when the adequate circumstances arrive. Therefore, we must not be afraid of new things or people being changed as everything is relative and you might not know what induces the process of getting upgraded!
- Stay calm Nobody can handle anything in his/her life if they panic. Staying calm gives your mind the break that it needs to get out of a situation or find an optimal way to react. No matter how knowledgeable a person is, if all he does is panicking, he will never be able to have an access to the knowledge that he has gathered over years. Being calm helps our mind to organize the thoughts and find a solution to the existing problem. Therefore Gita lays a lot of stress on maintaining equanimity in all situations.
- Be fearless
- Accept that things are not permanent Don’t get overly attached to earthly things as you in this form are not here in this universe forever and none of the other things are! They will either get destroyed or change. In both the cases, they’ll not be the same as ever. Clinging to things will make you sad and depressed.
- Don’t be selfishUnless you are planning to be treated like a thing and not a human being, do not take selfish decisions in your life. By working always for the benefit of others would cause the entire world to help you in times of need.
- Don’t think about the consequences too often The biggest lesson of all that is preached to everyone is that you should not think about the results rather you should shift all your focus to doing your prescribed task accurately. By doing so, you ensure that even if you do not get the desired result, you’ll not regret that you should have put in more efforts.
- You came empty handed and you’ll leave empty handed(without material things) This is a universal law. For people who believe in accumulating materialistic things will not be able to take those with them after death. What belonged to them was someone else’s before they acquired it and will be handed over to someone else after they have died. So fighting and creating chaos over pity matters will not take them anywhere. They’ll have to leave everything once their time has come!
- Man is made up of his beliefIf you think you cannot accomplish a task, you have lost the battle before it has even started! So, do not doubt yourself as you will not be able to do anything after this! Make yourself believe that you are capable enough of accomplishing every task that is allotted to you and you’ll win in the situation despite circumstances.